Sunday, March 22, 2009

West Coast Painting & Rest In Peace Aunt Paulette


Just got back from a short trip to beautiful Vancouver Island, Canada (the northern neighbor of Washington, to place it on a map for you). It wasn't a painting trip. My family and I went to visit my Aunt, who was sick with lung cancer. Tragically, my Aunt, still in her 60s, passed away before my family and I arrived at her house. She was an incredible person, and played a profound role in my own life. My Uncle asked me if I'd like to put one of the above paintings in my Aunt's coffin, to be cremated with her. I chose the boat painting, because it's probably the best of the three, and I think best relates to her. The painting now exists amongst the ashes of my Aunt. It's doubtful that I'll ever do another painting that will reach that level of personal significance.

9 Comments:

Blogger RAWLS said...

I've always wanted to go out there. Maybe one day. These are really great my friend!!

10:33 PM  
Blogger kelly erwin said...

I WORKED WITH MARCO! haha
awesome stuff guy, man isn't bc fantastic?????
Elliot has been a lot of fun, its... really relaxing ..but I miss you guys at pipeline. too much fun to be had there.
Who's butt are you wooping for smash bro's now that wes is gone?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Hahaha, thanks Kelly.
I have moved on from getting my ass kicked virtually by Wes, to getting my ass kicked in real life by Joel, playing squash. Oh, and by Alvin lifting weights.

10:02 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Awesome Marco . . . inspires me to get out . . . . I need to get out and paint!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Michael Pieczonka said...

Nice ones MArco.. I really like the second and third one. Great comp and colour values in the second.Vancouver Island is a beautiful place to visit eh?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great contribution for a truly great person. Rest in peace Aunt Paulette.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Ma Horton said...

I wanted to say I have had the privilege of knowing your aunt and her family for over 3o+ years. Your gift of love will be forever cherished by all of them.
You are a very talented young man. I know your Aunt loved paintings from all her travels but the one with her always, will be yours.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Auntie Polly was an amazing woman, funny, articulate, smart and loving of everyone. I know she would have appreciated your gift. You have an amazing talent. Thank you for your kind words.

Pauline, Niki & Karina Gervais

8:20 PM  
Blogger redhen said...

The time Paulette spent with you and Adam as youngsters was cherished. She had so many fond memories,and was looking forward to your family visit. The gift you gave her was YOU, Marco. Thanks for the tribute to a remarkable sister.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home