Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Portraits (plus Announcement)



First one is a commissioned portrait - 10x12"
Second one is a self portrait, painted for my Mom - 11x14"
Third one is a quick head study from class - 8x10"

Announcement: I am doing a lecture thing on digital painting (using photoshop) at Sheridan College campus on Wednesday, Februrary 4th, from 12:00 - 1:30pm. I plan to cover technical, photoshop-specific stuff, as well as painting concepts in general. It's free, so if you're in the area and you want to attend, contact me and I'll tell you where we'll be.

12 Comments:

Blogger Fábio Cembranelli said...

Hi Marco, great brush strokes, an impressionist touch, you really have a style in your paintings.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jörn said...

I like your stroke very much. Looks rough and exact the same time.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

You've really excelled yourself here Marco - great stuff!

5:55 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Marco your oil work is getting sooo good! Awesome!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Colin Jack said...

damn girl those are some nice paintings!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

hahaha, thanks Colin ;)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Mark Behm said...

These are looking really strong, man. Best yet.

1:22 PM  
Blogger JP said...

beautiful work here- sad I can't get to the lecture!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Kyle Marshall said...

WOW!..these are fantasic

3:27 PM  
Blogger Hugo Freutel said...

Well done and alive these portraits.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Sara Winters said...

Oh! Your portraits are fantastic!!!! They really glow with personality. I admire that. Not something you find every day.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Arto Isotalo said...

I've been following your blog for a long time, but haven't commented until now. Just wanted to say these are really nice paintings! I like the loose brushwork.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home