Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recording Music

Internal Tyrant - by CalmOcean by Marco Bucci
Recording music has become a serious hobby over the years. I actually started doing this before I ever picked up a paintbrush...back when I was making recordings of my high school punk band. I've got a fairly decent home studio setup now, and love to have musicians over. I engineered this track recently for a great band called CalmOcean.
I find that sculpting sound is very much the same as sculpting form in painting. Interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger AlexMorellon said...

I love it !... I mean I really love it ! like I could marry it !!!
Listening to that while watching your work, really brings out the best of it, in my opinion! This piece of music goes right into my favorite songs of all time because it's related with the time I discovered your talent. You really improved my work with all your shared knowledge sir! Thank you !

12:37 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

wow, thanks a lot Alex!

12:24 AM  
Blogger AresVIII said...

What all instruments do you play and if any,what software? I use cakewalk sonar for recording and sequencing. I'm going to get Reason 6 because of all the well sampled instruments and synthesizers on it plus the new Reason records Audio and lets you sample on the fly. Id like to sample whole parts of my songs then have them broken down to like 32ths and larger to trigger with the keyboard,,like for techno remixes,,but of very instrumental and ambient styles,,a definite mix of 2 different styles.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home