Thursday, December 13, 2007

Elf


Last entry of the year for DrawerGeeks! I wanted to try something more refined with this, because I liked the topic. But I think I may have ended up overworking it. As a side note, I've been enjoying doing small colour keys for my stuff lately. The bottom image shows the basic progression that this image went through. On the left is a ballpoint scribble that I started with, then beside that is the colour key, and beside that is the actual painting in progress.

10 Comments:

Blogger By Deco said...

I realy don't, your work is perfect..
Great. Braco, Congratilations etc..

I will add your Link on my blog if you don't care..

6:44 AM  
Blogger Dave Dick said...

It doesn't feel overworked at all. It looks great and I love the tone.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks good.
nice colors and texture
good lighting/mood

it might be me but maybe a little
more drawing in the earlier stages
could have helped this one?

It's just a thought...

1:26 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Looks great marco - I agree it's not overworked at all. Fabulous piece

1:27 PM  
Blogger Breadwig said...

Really swell illustration. Especially the shoes, I love those shoes!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Nelson Santos said...

awsome candle... err i mean light work :P

6:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio Fernandez said...

Very nice Marco. You have a good blog and goods works.

Congratulations.

6:00 PM  
Blogger bog_art said...

What a great composition.. the design of the character and the background is wonderful!!.. I love the lamp and the chair!!..

10:53 PM  
Blogger Anders said...

what a mood you gave to it!!
Marco! this is awesome!
bravo!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

whoa man your painting style blows me away everytime i see it. I aspire to paint like that! Lovely work love the colours!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home