Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Book Is Here!



I am proud to announce that my book, Imaginary Places: The Art of Marco Bucci is now available to order! It is a collection of my conceptual illustration work, some of which has been posted on this blog, and some of which is previously unreleased. The book features:

- 45 pages of full color artwork
- step-by-step painting demo
- essay on painting light and color


BONUS: The first 250 books will ship with a DVD containing 4 painting lessons. Each one focused on a different aspect of painting, including a video on custom brushes. Approx. 1:30 hours of video!

Click here for ordering info.

Thank you for your continued support!

14 Comments:

Blogger Simon Scales said...

Hey Marco...looks like it has turned out great!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Justin Owens said...

That's very exciting, congratulations on getting the book made!

Your work is very inspiring to me and I look forward to flipping through the pages of your book.

Cheers,

-Justin

9:15 AM  
Blogger vinter said...

Ah maaan, Wish I had money. It looks great. And congratulations:)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Dave Dick said...

Looks beautiful!!!!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Excellent! My copy is purchased!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Sukh said...

Purchased, Can't wait to get this in my hands! :D

I have a quick question about how you use watercolour and gouache, do you mix the white qouache into the watercolours or is it only ever used by itself?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your support.

Shoki - I mix the white gouache in with the watercolor paint, when I want the paint to act more like acrylic/oil. Most of the time I will block things in with pure transparent watercolor, then work back into it, modifying areas with the opaque mixtures that contain the white gouache. The final paintings are always a mix of transparent vs. opaque areas of paint.

4:27 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Looks amazing, just ordered mine!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Sukh said...

Thanks for the reply, Marco!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Tooninator said...

Congrats, sir. Be proud.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Wow, that looks awesome, Marco! Congrats!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ciro Cangialosi said...

Woow! I want this!!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jose Ramos said...

Congratulations Marco , it look great, i wish one of them soon .

greetings!

2:18 AM  
Blogger kelly erwin said...

excited! I's shall own one when I see ya at the nerd mecha.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home